Engagement Rings from ileava jewelry
Engagement ring is a symbolism of love and a life-time commitment. Choosing a ring is one of the most important moments in your life. If you're looking for a custom made unique engament ring or one-of-a-kind ring, let us help you find a perfect ring.
Choosing Your Engagement Ring
- Define her style
- It is absolutely normal to get overwhelmed when you start looking for that perfect engagement ring. There are so many rings out there to choose from. From a simple brilliant cut diamond ring to a ring with bold designs, which we sometimes refer them as "alternative engagement rings"– pieces that are unique and very modern and not a typical ring that you would distinguish as engagement rings.
The first tip is you may want to start from analyzing the lifestyle of your fiancé-to-be. We suggest you to go on a casual shopping together to different jewelry stores to study her taste. Does she like diamonds? Round cut diamonds, princess cut diamonds, oval diamonds, marquise diamond... etc. to name a few, diamonds come in different sizes and shapes. What does she prefer? Or is she a more subtle type? A smaller diamond with a simple band, the better type?
- The width of the ring is probably the most important part when choosing a ring, as the more width the ring has, the more time it takes for you to get comfortable.
From the beginning to the end, our designer always take into account that all rings are comfortable when worn, physically putting it on her fingers many times through out the production to check for any uncomfortable edges.
- Feel free to ask us questions!
- From frequently asked questions to testimonials, we share as much information as possible that may be useful on our website, however, you may have other questions because for most people, finding a engagement ring may be your first time and have no clue where to start! Book an appointment with us and our designer will guide you through and she will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Once you book an appointment at our store in Harajuku / Omotesando, we will have a small talk at the store so we can get to know you a little better and grasp your preference. We have a wide selection of engagement rings in the showcase from a non-traditional water design ring to simple classic bands to curvy arabesque design bands.
After you have chosen your design, you have an option to leave it as it is or personalizing it.
- Wax (Model) Carving
- There are many different methods in jewelry making. At ileava jewelry, we use the lost wax technique, requiring to create the hand-sketched jewelry design in wax. When requested, for bridal and custom made pieces, we present our clients the wax model during the procedure. This helps our clients get a better idea of what their vision will look like once in the wearable form. The greatness of this technique allows us to modify at any point of time when it is still in the wax form.
- In Metal
- Once you are happy with the design, the wax gets casted into the metal of your choice.
The wax is set inside a steel flask and covered with plaster investment. Then the flask is put into a kiln to burn out the wax. Molten metal gets poured into the void left behind in the plaster.
This process results in a metal shape that is identical in shape to the wax.
Metal is more suitable media than wax for more detail work–fine engraving, filing, stretching material, bending...etc. Using various tools, chemicals and heat, in the final process, the piece gets polished and washed to become a finished ring.
Custom Engagement rings
Engagement rings are usually made to order.
We offer two ways to create a truely unique ring that is made just for you.
- Select a design from our Bridal Collection and customize it by changing the metal, the diamond size, the width of the band...etc.
- Create a one-of-a-kind ring
- Create one-of-a-kind ring that is uniquely yours. Our in-house designer will work with you to develop and make your vision come to life.