Wedding rings from ileava jewelry
ileava jewelry's wedding rings are made to order, meaning they are made individually for you and your partner. From a wide selection of wedding bands we have here, there is an option for you to select the design and have it as it is or personalize your wedding ring by choosing the metal, gemstones, slightly modify to fit with your engagement ring... etc.
Choosing Your Wedding Band
- Define your style
- There are so many choices out there when it comes to finding a pair of wedding rings. Wedding ring is what you will be wearing for a long term and perhaps a piece of jewelry you will be wearing for the rest of your life. The first thing you need to do is to define your personal style and your lifestyle–from everyday outfits, to work, to hobbies–are just a few things to consider when finding your perfect ring because what's the point if you have to remove it often? Defining your style allows you to decide whether a simple and understated classic design is more appropriate or whether modern and unique eye-catching design is better to best reflect your style.
- The fit
- It is often the case that the first piece of jewelry the groom has ever worn or will be wearing is the wedding ring. The first thing to consider is choosing a comfortable ring for men because, again, what's the point if he doesn't wear it because it's uncomfortable? Same goes with the bride–is it a design you wish to wear with your engagement ring? If so, being able to wear two rings comfortably is important and it is not always the case you'll be able to find a ring that is shaped and fits perfectly with your engagement ring.
- Trying on a number of different rings allow you to get an idea of which style fits you the best. Things to consider when finding the perfect ring are the width, metal, detailing.
The width (the fit): probably the most important part when choosing a ring, as the more width the ring has, the more you may feel uncomfortable and your ring size may change as well.
The metal: yellow gold, pink (or rose) gold, white gold, and platinum are the metals used for our bridal. If you're unsure of which color matches you the best, try them on and see against the mirror or ask your soon-to-be bride/groom.
- The detailing: consider that you'll be wearing your wedding ring long-term. Picturing yourself wearing the ring 10, 20, 30+ years may help define what type of details may suit you.
- From the beginning to the end, our designer always take into account that all rings are comfortable when worn, physically putting it on her fingers many times through out the production to check for any uncomfortable edges.
- Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions!
- From frequently asked questions to testimonials, we share as much information as possible that may be useful on our website, however, you may have other questions because for most people, finding a wedding ring may be your first time and have no clue where to start! Book an appointment with us and our designer will guide you through and she will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Once you book an appointment at our store in Harajuku / Omotesando, we will have a small talk at the store so we can get to know you a little better and grasp your preference. We have a wide selection of wedding rings in the showcase, from water design wedding bands to the classic simple bands to curvy arabesque design bands.
After you have chosen your design, you have an option to leave it as it is or personalizing it.
- Wax (Model) Carving
- There are many different jewelry making methods. At ileava jewelry, we use the lost wax technique, requiring to create the hand-sketched jewelry design in wax. When requested, for bridal and custom made pieces, we present our clients the wax model during the procedure. This helps our clients get an idea of what their vision will look like once in the wearable form. The greatness of this technique allows us to modify at any point of time during in the wax form.
- In Metal
- When you're happy with the design, the wax gets cast into the metal of your choice.
Then the wax is set inside a steel flask and covered with plaster investment. The flask is put into a kiln to burn out the wax. molten metal gets poured into the void left behind in the plaster.
This process results in a metal shape that is identical in shape to the wax.
Metal is more suitable media than wax for more detail work, fine engraving, filing, stretching material, bending...etc. In the final process, various tools, chemicals and heat are used for polishing and washing to finish the ring.
Made to order wedding rings
Usually, at ileava jewelry, wedding rings are made to order, which means we do not cary inventory. This allows us to create a special pair of wedding rings just for you.
At ileava jewelry, we offer two different ways to make wedding rings.
- Customize (personalize) your wedding rings
- From our bridal collection, select the base design and add options.
- Create a one-of-a-kind wedding rings
- Create one-of-a-kind rings that is uniquely yours. Our in-house designer will work with you to develop and make your vision come to life.